Saturday, September 20, 2008

6 long weeks

EDIT: A good chunk of this post has been deleted after the wise advise of both my younger sister and my dad...lots of things going on at the church - not too many of which are positive...if you want the gory details - send me an email, I'll fill you in on more of what's happening, even beyond what was here originally...
The boys started school - and are doing okay - Nat's teacher this year is doing what he can to develop a sense of personal responsibility in his pupils - but from what I can tell, most of them are struggling with it. He currently has a D in math, not because he can't do it, but because it is the accelerated math program that he is supposed to do at his own speed. I'll admit, we've alway kind of corrected him and prodded him along to get things done, but a D is just unacceptable. We met with the teacher yesterday and included Nat in the conversation so he can be part of the solution - and knows that he needs to step things up - he can do the work - he just doesn't see the value in it...so why do it? Nick is doing great, reading better each day and having a ball in his class.
On the agenda today - doing laundry, taking Nat to a play date & Nick & I spending time just us two while Bob golfs in a tournament with a friend. Somewhere in there, I need to plan a get together for Nick's bday midweek...man...I'm busy....

No comments: