Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Moving across the country

Wow...its been 6 months since I last posted anything...guess I've have had other things on my mind. In the middle of January, the church offered a package to Bob that would pay him thru the end of May and raise $5000 to assist us in moving to Texas to be closer to my family. So, his last working Sunday was February 15th, and we headed out March 5th across the country, stopping along the way to see Bob's family in San Diego as well as Vegas. So here we are, I just found a job only 23 miles away, but takes me close to an hour to get there if there's traffic. Bob is still looking furiously for employment-had an interview with a company called Joshua Expeditions-they aid churches/schools in executing mission trips-somthing he would LOVE to do. The boys are doing okay-Nat is at a school with only 5th & 6th graders...changing classrooms & has a locker already. Nick is in one of 5 1st grade classes of 20 at his school. They are getting settled, altho they still have their moments of missing friends back home.
It has been an adventure to say the least! We are living in a house owned by my sister and her hubby, so we aren't trying to have all 10 of us living in their house.
I'll try to post some more later, its time to get some boys to bed, laundry finished, and lunches made for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jeanne Hendricks said...

I'm glad you are back to keeping up your blog! :)