Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Raccoons, Coyotes and Squirrels Oh My

The weekend was good - we saw a coyote not 10 feet outside the windows of our cabin, 2 raccoons raiding the trash at another cabin, and a couple of different squirrels stockpiling their nut supply for the winter. We saw the coyote the day AFTER we were letting the boys play outside unattended, but within view. Got to do some hiking, and managed to get the 5 younger cousins all bought for for Christmas. Now I only have to get the stuff packaged and shipped - that may take longer than the shopping did! Came home Saturday instead of Sunday, Bob is fighting a cold and the park had burn piles going all over, one 50 feet from the cabin. We've always enjoyed heading up there, and actually probably would have gotten snowed on if we had stayed the extra day. I'm at work at the moment, will post pictures later when I get home, if I have time and energy!

No comments: