Friday, November 03, 2006

watching my boys grow

Today I watched Nick take a power ranger toy and do the complete air guitar thing while listening to one of those Kids Bop worship cds - even had the facial expressions going on - he's getting too big too fast - can't believe he's 5. Nat changing quickly as well - challenging me to think through things I never thought he could even begin to fathom. "Mommy, when I was in your tummy, why didn't the stomach acid eat me up?" My best answer (since I'm gonna hold Bob responsible for "that" chat, was that God protected him. But yet, they are still my little boys, still wanting to climb into my lap at different points in the day because we missed our normal morning snuggle time. That won't happen too much longer!

As for me, I'm randomly regaining my voice - sounded like Kim Carnes the other day - I was surprised patients would even talk to me! Bob is in Anaheim, at the National Youth Workers Convention. I've gone with him before, but no $$ this year for me and that means we need to find someone to come stay with the boys. He gets to hear all kinds of youth ministry gurus as well as some top bands. People like David Crowder, Chris Tomlin...which makes me jealous, but I'll survive.

1 comment:

Tony said...

give the boy a saxaphone. horn players make more money.