Sunday, October 29, 2006

Remembering

Just found one of my many cousins from my mom's side of the family on blogger....his link is over to the left there....it's cool to find people when you aren't looking! The title is because in the last couple of weeks, I've been doing a "heritage report" for Nat for school. We had to interview my parents and such - one of the things that my mom wants Nat to remember about her mom is how she always said (she' s in a care facility w/Alzheimers) that God is good all the time, and all the time God is good. Interesting that Michael's mom (my aunt) has taught him the very same thing! My grandma is a woman of God, who has passed on her personal faith to all 9 of her kids! My other grandma is much the same way - she still has her mind tho, and so prays for all of us grandkids, our kids and her own kids by name each day - amazing for 90 years old. I think that verse in 3 John applies to both: I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

It is my prayer as well, as I raise 2 boys to walk with Christ in their own lives.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Well Mom (Aunt Mel)says hi back she said she found your blogger through Tony's so she has been keeping up with you. Like you said it is kind of interesting how God gives you new things when you arn't really looking for them. I have found he does that to me all the time. About Grandma I am happy to hear that her love for God is still being passed down through us grandkids. I have this great feeling that her memory and her love for God will be passed down for so many more generations to come.