Saturday, October 14, 2006

Long week

I know, its been at least a week since I last posted - things have been crazy. We've dealt not just with the church stuff, but also a bully situation w/Nat. There is one young man in his class who loves to antagonize kids until they react physcially, then when they respond or tell a teacher, he lies about what has happened & the other kid gets in trouble. Nat lost recess privileges one day this week over just such a situation - I wrote a note to the teacher in response to the discipline notice & she & Bob then had a good conversation after school one day. Seems we're not the only parents to actually write to her about this young man, which made me feel a little better that Nat isn't the only one getting picked on. We did assure her that we are teaching Nat that hitting is not the preferred method of getting back at someone, and she was very understanding. She said she didn't blame Nat at all for his response, only that it was physical & raised a welt on the young man's hand when the pencil made contact! In fact, she said that maybe just maybe it taught him a lesson!

Anyway - my parents up & went to Hawaii w/o us....oh well, I guess after 40 years of marriage, they can take business trip & turn it into pleasure if they want!

Chelle

3 comments:

Jenny Duff said...

*chuckles* I am quietly glad that kid got a welt on his face. Darn it.

Miss you a lot.

I wanted to say something else. Ehehehe. Bad brain.

Jenny Duff said...

Oh yeah! The whole thing about not hitting back. Wow, is that ever a difficult lesson. I am still embattled with my daughters over that. Whoo! I think they know now that they can't hit back at kids at school, but at home... it's another story. :-)

Tony said...

They've been taking fabulous trips without us since we were kids... Austria, Spain, Jamaica, London... this is nothing new.