Friday, October 06, 2006

Alone again

Well, Bob is off to Promise Keepers for the weekend...I'm getting used to being just me and the boys....

Been busy working for my friend Millie the last few days...she & her buddy run a business that lets people come in & prepare meals to freeze & cook later....aldentedinners.com.
The advertising department from the local paper was actually hosting their Christmas party this morning & letting each of them create one entree. We served breakfast, then did all the clean up. Been a long time since I did any catering - mid high school I think - but it was good.

The boys are watching "The Wild" - cute little movie if I must say so myself.

Had an interesting conversation with my coworkers the other day. Seems a patient had basically told one of the hygienists that she was going to hell because she didn't have a personal relationship with Christ. And that when it came to be judgement time, God would remind her of the time that he had told her & she refused. Along the way in the conversation (before she stuck all the sharp instruments in his mouth), he also made a comment about one of the Drs being "born again" - she says, "I thought he was a Baptist". He responds that no, he's born again. So, here we stand in the middle of the office with me explaining about how the whole Protestant movement began and where the term born again even comes from. I have one Lutheran, one Catholic, one believer, one who was raised Mormon, and one who isn't quite sure...anyway - tried to do the best I could - don't know that I did any good. They then were discussing Christian music - I happened to have the van, so I went out & got the Audio Adrenaline Adios CD....its a little harder than I think any of them expected. Oh well, we listened to Christian music all afternoon after that.

Having a hard time keeping my eyes open & its barely 8pm...time to lay down on the couch I guess....and have the boys wake me up when the movie is over!

1 comment:

GODrums said...

at least you tried.....I had one of those conversations where someone was asking questions but I couldn't answer fast enough for her to spew what her next comment was going to be. She is nice, didn't say anything rude, but doesn't listen one iota.

at least you tried....