Sunday, April 22, 2007

God sized dreams


Todd (our new pastor) challenged us today as a congregation to set a God sized dream - I have to say I hadn't really thought about my dreams. I need to spend some time in prayer & study to figure out what that might look like for me. Pray for me as I head down that road - and I may need some input from some of you as to what you see my gifts as being.

Anyway - note the picture of the boys - Todd & his wife Dina sent Nat a goodie box the other day filled with stuff to help keep him occupied - practice golf balls too...so I took the picture for him to take home tomorrow when he goes back to SoCal. Pray for them too, they were told initially by the builder they would be in by May 1st, now it won't be till the 17th. Most of their stuff is packed & Dina is ready to be here, but alas God has other plans for them...

Off to make dinner for the boys - Bob had to head to a VBS meeting, then he'll be back to finish prepping the pinewood derby cars for Wednesday night. We've had to spray paint inside since the weather is not conducive of painting outdoors...smells like Earl Scheib in here!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

It is difficult for people who have suffered abuse in their past to have dreams. It is in the foundation of who they are to serve the purposes of other people and deny, abandon or dismiss as "selfish" any dreams thay personally may have had along the way. Don't get me wrong, the gift of "helps" is a legitimate spiritual gift as defined by the southern baptist convention. But while there are great things that me and God can accomplish for my spouse or me and God can accomplish for my children or church or parents, there are also things that me and God can accomplish for Himself and His glory and our relationship that only I, with my specific gifts and experience can do.