Friday, April 13, 2007

Our First Broken Bone

Well, it was destined to happen with 2 little boys, I just didn't expect it to be Nathanael! Playing at a park in town, both boys running, Nick pushed Nat a little bit & down he went on the concrete. Bent his right wrist like he was trying to touch his fingers to the inside of his arm...more crying than was necessary for the skinned knee we could see - and more crying when we put pressure on the wrist. So, off to urgent care we go - an xray confirms it - a slight fracture on the arm bone just up from his wrist (toward the elbow). He has a splint for now - will see the orthopedic md next week for further evaluation and casting. Of course, true to form, it is his right arm & he has a written report due in 3 weeks! Anyway, when Nick realized that the injury was serious enough to warrant a trip to the doctor, he started crying from remorse - I told you he was compassionate - and Nathanael forgave him even before he said he was sorry! I'll post a picture later - Tony, he's got nothing on your broken arm...no setting required tonight, so I didn't nearly pass out & Bob didn't have to hide in the corner! Such is the story of my life on Friday the 13th!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

What my children lack in broken bones are more than made up for in damged teeth.

Jenny Duff said...

Awww... man!

No broken bones here yet! It was my brother who got things broken. Not sure what Jeff and his brother's history is yet although... I'm sure they'd have had to have at least broken their skulls. Ehehehehehe. Did I say that?

Teeth... yes... Sophie and her teeth though... *grumble*