Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

So, Bob came home from Brasil on Wednesday the 23rd, and left for camp at Jenness Park on the following Monday with the youth for Centrifuge...once he's home, he's home for good...at least not going anyway for long trips for awhile. Tonight he called here like he does every night from camp, and is feeling lousy - head cold has taken up residence in his precious head. He's telling Nick this on the phone tonight, and Nick says, "Do you want me to pray for you?" Bob says sure - so Nick does, right there on the phone with no prompting from me. Tears. Then I'm thinking, why aren't we all that way? I mean, when someone calls with a prayer need, why do we say, "Sure, I'll pray for you." Then forget about it till we see that person again. Instead of praying immediately with them, even over the phone. And he's only 6!
We are doing pretty good - I hate to say that we've gotten kinda used to Bob not being here, but we kinda have. Spent the day yesterday shopping for school supplies, and then swimming at some friends house...just hanging out. Gotta get 5 bags of stuff sorted - but we'll make it happen soon.
Dinner's ready - gotta run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your little account and I sincerelly hope, from all of my heart, that you and family are reunited and well in the peace of God.

Anonymous said...

I'm also praying for you, right now :)