Friday, September 15, 2006

Retreating

no, I don't mean from a situation, altho that would be my option of choice right now, I am about 20 minutes east of Chicofor our associational women's retreat. I want to just hide from everyone, and study God's word, but I do need to eat & part of refreshing my spirit will need to include some corporate worship, so I will at some point need to leave my room! I've already headed farther up a trail than I should have, if only because I was alone & noone knew where I was headed (heck, even I didn't know where I was headed)! So, once I passed the mountain lion scat (I think) I figured I needed to head back to the land of the living. This is where I was when I wrote about my paternal grandmother's influence on my life, and I was reminded of it again as I passed the streams by. I had written that her influence was like a stream, deep and still in places, but rushing and noisy in others. Kinda like God - the still times are good and refreshing, but its the rapids that make the noise & the glory! Anyway, only spotted a little lizard on a rock wall, but I'm sure I will see the deer family that resides within the preserve sometime tomorrow. Its cool & a little breezy here right now, but its supposed to heat back up tomorrow I think.

Nick was cute this morning, last weekend when we left, he didn't fuss or cry or nothing. This morning when I was leaving, he got all clingy. Sometimes little boys just need to love on their mommies. I hugged him close & we sang "you are my sunshine" together before I got in the van w/my friend to leave. He'll be okay - Daddy took him to lunch somewhere I'm sure, then he probly watched cartoons till time to go get Nathanael from school.

I think I'm gonna nap for a few before its time to head down for dinner.

No comments: