Sunday, September 24, 2006

Stitches

As in I have 3 internal and 5 external. A neat diagonal scar right across the point of my right shoulder. No real pain unless me or someone bumps it - I go back in 10 days to have them removed - hopefully I'll have a biopsy report prior to that and I'm praying its clear. As for Nathanaels' mystery bump, she measured it & told me to bring him back in a week to see if things had changed. Not a whole lot more than I already knew, but that's all she had to say. It could be that since she was only working by the light from the window, she didn't have many options (the wind was blowing 30-40 mph that day & the whole building lost power). So, next Friday, when Nick has his 5 year old check up, we'll check Nat too. Such fun.

Church was interesting this morning - all the people not happy with the plan of restoration boycotted - made it hard to focus on leading worship when I know that God is not being honored by all who call themselves part of this particular congregation. Bob was preaching & did a great job - focusing on bringing in the lost - something that this church needs to get back to doing instead of worrying about themselves. He did go spend quite a bit of time w/both the boys Thursday morning - and offered to be their transportation to the church when that time comes.
On a positive note - today is Nick's bday - a big 5 years old! We spent most of the afternoon assembling the 4 power ranger toys he got - discovering one I need to take back tomorrow cause it doesn't make the sounds it supposed to. Such is life as a parent.

1 comment:

Jenny Duff said...

Oh it's awful -- you signed up, I signed up. LOL

*waves*