Saturday, September 30, 2006

Trees



About 11:30 last nite, Bob is asleep on the couch, I'm dozing thru the news while on the floor, when I hear a sound like ladyfinger firecrackers outside. The family across the street is known for being loud & all, so I peek out the window & realize something is in my view that usually isn't. So I turn on the porch light to get a better view. I can now tell that what I heard is the branch of the 100yr old acacia tree cracking and falling. Whowee fun. Woke Bob up from his stupor to go investigate. It landed about 6 feet from the house, so no damage there. Bob stopped by the land lord's house on his way into town to see if he was even up (he's working on building a house for themselves) and let him know. Crazy stuff - I'm sure we'll be working on it later, although all Bob has is a little hack saw, nothing big enough to get all the way thru the big part of the branch.

As for my arm, it is beginning to itch...a good sign I know, but I can't scratch it since the stiches are still in it till Monday. I should get the biopsy results then. Nat's regualr MD doesn't think we need to do anything just yet w/the thing on his side - keep an eye on it for now - call if it changes kinda thing. Still no definitive answer. Nat is adamant that he doesn't want to have it cut out, so I guess we'll wait a little bit longer.

The situation at church isn't getting any better. Had a phone call last night that someone will be printing up a motion to be brought at the next scheduled business meeting to vote the guy out. So, now Bob needs to get his written statement going that he as the pastor is not in support of the motion and will not be voting on it at all. It is really our only course we can take to help our side of the case should the guy decide to file suit. Not that it will completely protect us, but at least its on file. Bob was talking to the gentleman who has been counselling him thru this and he can't believe the whole thing.

Anyway, I need to go find myself some breakfast, maybe shower so I can be ready to work when Bob gets back from Bible study........

1 comment:

Tony said...

Hey Chelle... yeah, AJ is growing up, in many ways. Boys tend to figure out it later, which we've discussed with her already - the girls will be dressing up and looking nice, and the boys will be playing with bugs and dirt...