Sunday, July 23, 2006

Heat

Yes, its hot here - 111 degrees & its 6:40pm! Argh! The power flickered a little bit ago and so the AC lost its momentum. The inside temp rose 5 degrees in 5 minutes - not a good thing! I hear they shut down a skilled nursing facility in Stockton - one of the residents died over nite as their AC failed completely. They were transporting the other residents elsewhere to keep cool.

Talked to Bob last nite, things are wrapping up for them. They were supposed to do the "Grateful" service tonite - where the churches thank them for coming and all that. Probably a lot of tears - the Brazilian people are always soooo appreciative of people coming. Bob said he & another missionary were "mobbed" for their autographs yesterday - had to have "crowd control" and everything!

Just found out that Bob's best friend Vinny is on some island in the Indian Ocean flying his B-1 bomber. He went straight into the AF from the academy, and has never yet had to deploy until now. His wife and 3 kids are in Texas, anxiously waiting for him to come home. Scary to have someone I know so well to be over there in danger.

The boys & I went to a minor league game last nite in Sacramento - I was literally dripping in sweat......no breeze or anything to help out. My boss had bought 40 tickets for all of us in the 3 offices so we could all get together & have some fun. One of the girls even caught a fly ball. I was walking along the concourse & heard someone yell my name, it was the brother of an old friend of mine from grade school! I knew he was in Folsom, but never imagined I'd see him anywhere! Crazy small world.

Chelle

No comments: