Saturday, July 15, 2006

Slugs

Well, for basically 2 days, we (I) have been slugs around the house. Today, I did actually get the boys outside for awhile while I was trimming my rose bushes - something I've needed to do for quite some time. Chatted w/the new neighbor in the process - his wife's great grandmother pulled a hand cart along the Mormon trail years ago to help settle Mount Pleasant. They are an interesting couple. He said his grandfather was a Baptist circuit preacher - and that growing up, he had gone to the local Baptist church every Sunday. Yet, they did their "mission" doing sight seeing tours along the Mormon Trail. He must have converted to marry her years ago.

No word from Bob today, I'm assuming that all is going well. The recording says that his other bag was found and was supposed to be delivered this afternoon sometime. I'm sure that will be a big relief to him.

I discovered Wednesday this week that I will be the only youth teacher for the next 2 Sundays - Bob & Stanley are in Brazil, and Pete is doing his Nat'l Guard thing, as well as vacation. My luck all the kids will come & I'll have 20 instead of the normal 10. Oh well, God will take care of us!

Chelle

No comments: